Saturday, October 1, 2011

Quatrefoil Hook

I found this hook on clearance at Marshall's for .30 cents and I forgot to take a before picture! It was painted green and had a metal watering can attached to the front that was broken. I thought for .30 cents I could turn it into something! I still might add a letter to the front of it, but haven't decided yet. You can get the grey quatrefoil printable for free below.

 First I painted over the green with old white chalk paint. Then I created a grey quatrefoil design in photoshop. You can find the printable here for free.

 
 Once I printed the quatrefoil design I cut it out to be just slightly smaller then the square piece of wood. Then I used Mod Podge to attach the paper.

 First brush the Mod Podge onto the back of the paper and press onto the piece of wood.

 Then you will brush the top with Mod Podge and let it dry. Once it was completely dry I sanded the edges of the paper to make it look distressed. I also thinned some of my old white chalk paint and brushed some lightly around the edges and on the surface in certain spots. By sanding the paper it will get rid of the glossy sheen that the Mod Podge gave the paper originally. 

1 comment:

  1. Hey I found out about you via Flamingo Toes. :) I love DIY projects. So I'm happily following you, and will be snagging some ideas from you.

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear from you!