Saturday, August 6, 2011

Easy Homemade Salsa

Here's a recipe for a super easy homemade salsa recipe. By using canned tomatoes you eliminate the task of having to chop up a whole bunch of fresh tomatoes and I think it tastes almost the same. I put mine in a food processor, so once the mixture is pureed you can't even tell the tomatoes are from a can. Here's the recipe:

Ingredients:

  • 2 -14.5 ounce cans of diced tomatoes, drained
  • 3/4 cup onion, chopped
  • 1/2 cup fresh cilantro
  • 4 garlic cloves, chopped
  • 1 jalapeno, seeded and chopped
  • Salt

 Toss all of the ingredients into your food processor (I had to make mine in two batched because I only have a small food processor) and pulse until combined. That's it! You can store it in the fridge and snack on it throughout the week or you can half the recipe if you don't want that much salsa. Add more jalapeno if you like your salsa spicy or toss in some of the seeds.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd love to hear from you!